The July 2012 issue of Black Belt will be a special collector’s issue devoted entirely to the life and legend of jeet kune do founder and martial arts icon Bruce Lee. This special issue will feature a guest editorial by his daughter, Shannon Lee, as well as articles detailing Bruce Lee facts, Bruce Lee’s training methods, opinions and recollections regarding Bruce Lee’s philosophy, commentaries on Bruce Lee’s fighting style and updates on digital editions of Bruce Lee books. Interviewees for this special issue include no less than the one-and-only Chuck Norris as well as Enter the Dragon producer Fred Weintraub.
Highlights of this special collector’s issue include the following:
Bruce Lee Facts
- The truth behind Bruce Lee’s Chinese name
- Bruce Lee’s first appearance on the cover of Black Belt
- How critical opinion of Bruce Lee movies has changed over time
- How Jason Scott Lee was trained to play Bruce Lee in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
- How Bruce Lee’s status in Asia is still going strong
- Dr. Craig D. Reid on the most important Bruce Lee movies
Bruce Lee Training Methods
- Mark Hatmaker’s opinion on Bruce Lee’s training method involving boxing and wrestling
- Dasha Libin Anderson, M.S., CSCS, on the use of protein shakes in Bruce Lee’s training
- Robert Wang, M.D., on the scientific approach of Bruce Lee’s training methodology
Get more Bruce Lee facts! Learn more about the Bruce Lee training method and jeet kune do in this FREE Guide — Bruce Lee Training Research: How Boxing Influenced His Jeet Kune Do Techniques.
Bruce Lee Philosophy
- Keith Vargo on the influence of Bruce Lee’s philosophy in and beyond the martial arts
- Dr. Craig D. Reid on how the Bruce Lee philosophy of living life inspired him and countless others
Get more Bruce Lee facts, such as how Tao of Jeet Kune Do came into being, in this FREE Guide — Bruce Lee Biography and the Birth of Tao of Jeet Kune Do.
Shannon Lee Editorial
Shannon Lee discusses plans and progress for the Bruce Lee Action Museum: “Our dreams began to take a new form in 2008 when the idea of building a Bruce Lee museum first took hold. And although we announced our plans to establish a home for the legacy of my father then, it wasn’t until 2011 that we began to take the steps in earnest to make this a reality.”
Bruce Lee Fighting Style
- Mark Jacobs on how Bruce Lee’s fighting style incorporated fencing
- Jason Brick on how Bruce Lee’s fighting style of mixing useful elements may have given rise to what we now know as MMA
Bruce Lee Books
Update on the new print and digital editions of classic Bruce Lee books such as:
- Tao of Jeet Kune Do: Expanded Edition
- Bruce Lee’s Fighting Method: The Complete Edition
- Chinese Gung Fu: Revised and Updated
- Bruce Lee: Wisdom for the Way
Bruce Lee-Related Books!
Special exclusive interview with Enter the Dragon producer Fred Weintraub, who talks about his autobiography: Bruce Lee, Woodstock and Me
This special Bruce Lee Collector’s Issue of Black Belt, featuring all these items and more on Bruce Lee’s training methods, Bruce Lee’s philosophy, Bruce Lee books, Bruce Lee facts — WALL-TO-WALL BRUCE LEE! — will be available on newsstands starting May 29, 2012!
Get more information now on the following: