When Israeli officials want their soldiers to beef up their fighting skills, they send them to train in krav maga. For Israel’s elite law-enforcement officers, soldiers and bodyguards, however, their training option of choice is krav maga security — a reality-based, close-quarters-combat system founded by Alain Cohen.
Krav maga security is, of course, based on the Israeli martial art of krav maga. However, it takes the art in interesting directions — both mentally and physically — to make it especially appealing to security professionals.
But is krav maga effective in situations involving kicks?
In this exclusive krav maga video excerpt from his comprehensive six-DVD set Krav Maga Personal Protection: The Israeli Method of Close-Quarters Combat, Cohen presents options for handling a kick.
KRAV MAGA VIDEO
Alain Cohen Demonstrates Krav Maga Security’s Approach to Handling Kicks
Learn how to be a weapon rather than carry one in this FREE download!
Alain Cohen: 4 Krav Maga Techniques From the Israeli Military
(Includes a limited-time 25% discount promo code for our online store!)
A hallmark of reality-based fighting is an emphasis on a smaller set of techniques, and krav maga security maintains that tradition. Alain Cohen believes that a "less is more" approach yields two benefits:
1. It prevents the freeze that can occur when a martial artist must choose just the krav maga technique from the hundreds (or even thousands) that he may know, and ...
2. It enables him to focus practice time on each of the fewer krav maga techniques.
Street-fighting success made simple. Get this FREE download!
Face Mash! Kelly McCann’s Essential Self-Defense Moves
for Winning Real Street Fights
Through using this "less is more" approach, Alain Cohen says that “the student can better assimilate the essential principles in less time.”
Ideas such as this have evidently worked for Alain Cohen. His krav maga security training program is taught in the United States, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Poland, Denmark and Belgium in addition to Israel, where he’s based.
Learn more about krav maga security techniques in Alain Cohen's six-DVD set Krav Maga Personal Protection: The Israeli Method of Close-Quarters Combat, which includes krav maga moves organized into six belt levels (leading to black belt).
And check out these videos and articles featuring krav maga techniques taught by other top-notch experts!
- Eyal Yanilov Krav Maga Video: Is Krav Maga Effective Against a Front Kick?
- Darren Levine: How Krav Maga Techniques Can Help You Survive Real Street Fights! (Part 1)
- Darren Levine: What is Krav Maga's Approach to Surviving Real Street Fights! (Part 2)
- John Whitman: Is Krav Maga Effective for Disarming Attackers?
- Eyal Yanilov Krav Maga Video: What Is the Krav Maga Approach to Disabling an Opponent and Defending Yourself on the Ground?
- Alain Cohen Krav Maga Video: Defending Yourself Against a Shirt Grab!
- John Whitman: How CrossFit Training Conditions the Body for Hard-Core Krav Maga Moves
- Darren Levine Krav Maga Video: What is Krav Maga's Methodology for Surviving a Knife Attack?
To learn more about krav maga security, visit Alain Cohen's Krav Maga Federation site at krav-security.com.
Check out awesome krav maga and kapap books and DVDs in the Israeli martial arts section of our online store, including Alain Cohen's six-DVD krav maga techniques set as well as Kapap Combat Concepts: Martial Arts of the Israeli Special Forces.